Like nutrients, hormones influence all aspects of health and disease - mood, sleep, metabolism, immunity, heart health and appearance. An imbalance of one hormone can initiate cascade of events that alters other hormones, so a comprehensive look at hormone status is key.
Hormones are chemical messengers that are secreted directly into the blood, which carries them to organs and tissues of the body to exert their functions. There are many types of hormones that act on different aspects of bodily functions and processes.
Clinical Applications of Hormone Imbalance:
- Fatigue & energy levels
- Cardiovascular health (blood pressure, clotting, lipids)
- Neurology (migraines, sleep, pain)
- Mental health (depression, anxiety, cognitive function)
- Immunity (infections, autoimmune disease)
- Metabolism (blood sugar regulation, tissue repair)
- Bone density (osteoporosis)
- Physical appearance (skin, muscles, hair)
SPECTRACELL'S HORMONE PANELS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
Sex (Steroid) Hormones
Regulatory (Peptide) Hormones
- Follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) - stimulates the production of estrogens; marker of ovarian function in women and initiates sperm production in men.
- Luteinizing hormone (LH) - contributes to reproductive function in both men and women; responsible for ovulation in women and sperm production in men; works synergistically with FSH and largely affected by prolactin levels.
- Prolactin (PRL) - an inhibitory hormone that reduces the action of several other hormones; most known for its ability to stimulate milk production in lactating women but it also regulates calcium metabolism and plays a role in the synthesis of nerve cells and prostaglandins as well, in both men and women.
- Sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) - produced in the liver and regulated by other hormones, SHGB is a protein that binds estrogens and testosterone in the bloodstream so they are biologically inactive.
- Free T3 (Free Triiodothyronine) – the more potent and biologically active thyroid hormone, T3 regulates growth and metabolism throughout the whole body.
- Free T4 (Free Thyroxine) – considered a precursor hormone, T4 is converted to T3 as required by cells throughout the body; levels of T4 are generally much higher than T3.
- Total T4 (Total Thyroxine) - Most T4 in the blood is bound to carrier proteins which make it biologically inactive. Total T4 includes unbound (free) T4 plus T4 that is bound to carrier proteins in the blood.
- rT3 - Reverse T3 (Reverse Triiodothyronine) - As the name implies, Reverse T3 opposes the biological action of T3. It slows metabolism and renders T3 in the body biologically inactive. The rate of rT3 production relative to T3 will increase in times of stress (high cortisol) and in the presence of nutrient deficiencies, inflammation or certain medications.
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) – produced by the pituitary gland, TSH tells the thyroid gland to increase or decrease production of T4 or conversion to T3 depending on the amounts circulating in the bloodstream via an efficient feedback system.
- Anti-TG (Antibodies to Thyroglobulin) – a precursor to T4. If Anti-TG are present in significant amounts, this suggests an abnormal immune response against your own body, also called autoimmunity.
- Anti-TPO (Antibodies to Thyroperoxidase) – is an enzyme that initiates the synthesis of T4. Antibodies to TPO indicate autoimmunity where the body is attacking normal proteins in the blood (in this case, TPO). People with anti-TPO have a higher chance of developing hypothyroidism that those who do not have antibodies to TPO.
- Tg (Thyroglobulin) – The main function of Tg is to store iodine, which is a necessary nutrient for the production of thyroid hormones T3 and T4. This test is particularly useful when monitored over time versus a single measurement and can sometimes be a useful tumor marker in patients with previous thyroid cancer.
- TBG (Thyroid Binding Globulin) – is a carrier protein for thyroid hormones so its role is to transport T4 and T3 through the bloodstream. The thyroid gland adjusts to changing levels of TBG in order to keep free T4 constant and it is particularly useful when thyroid (T4) levels do not necessarily correlate with clinical symptoms. TBG levels are largely affected by other hormones and many prescription drugs and is useful in diagnosing the reason behind abnormal thyroid hormone levels.
Calton Nutrition Return Policy/Guarantee
Supplements: At Calton Nutrition your total satisfaction is our main priority. That is why we offer a 30-day unconditional money back guarantee (Shipping & Handling will not be refunded). This means you can try any of the Calton Nutrition brand supplements and if you are not 100% satisfied, for any reason, simply return it to us for a full refund with in 30-days.(excludes nutreince sample packs, see below*) But it doesn’t end there, we are so confident in the quality of our supplements that we are extending our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and adding on an additional 70-day in-store credit policy. Meaning, even after the 30-day money back guarantee is over, if for any reason you are not completely satisfied within the first 100-days simply return your unused products to us for a full in-store credit. (please note: no cash/credit refunds will be issued after 30-days – only in-store credit. No in-store credit will be issued after 100 days from purchase date.
Triple Threat Tornado Portable Mixer Cups, Books, nutreince Sample Packs*, SpectraCell Lab Tests, CMS Application Fee and Board Certification Packages: Sorry, there are no refunds on Triple Threat Tornado Portable Mixer Cups, books, nutreince sample packs, SpectraCell Lab Tests, CMS application fees or the CMS Board Certification Package.
Customers/CMS/Retailers: To return an item, please contact our customer care department at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them of your return. Then simply mail us back the item(s) you would like to return using USPS (United States Postal Service) and make sure the package does NOT require a signature. If we receive your authorized return within 30-days of purchase: we will credit you back your full purchase price of the item(s) (shipping/handling will not be refunded). Refunds will be issued to the same credit card or PayPal account that was charged. If we receive your authorized return after 30-days from purchase: we will issue you an in store credit for the full purchase price of the item(s) (shipping/handling will not be refunded). No in-store credit will be issued after 100 days from purchase date.
To exchange: Looking to exchange one flavor variety of nutreince for another? No problem, just contact us and we will walk you through the simple process.
ALL RETURNS MUST BE SENT UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE (NOT UPS OR FedEx) AND MUST NOT REQUIRE A SIGNATURE – IF PACKAGE REQUIRES A SIGNATURE IT WILL BE SENT BACK TO YOU AND NO REFUND WILL BE ISSUED.
Please send your returns to:
Calton Nutrition, Inc. Corporate Affairs/Customer Care
105 Triple Diamond Blvd. – Suite 201
Nokomis, Florida 34275