(1) Kaunitz H, Dayrit CS. Coconut oil consumption and coronary heart disease. Philippine Journal of Internal Medicine, 1992;30:165-171
(2) Raymond Peat Newsletter, Coconut Oil, reprinted at www.heall.com. http://www.heall.com/body/healthupdates/food/coconutoil.html An Interview With Dr. Raymond Peat, A Renowned Nutritional Counselor Offers His Thoughts About Thyroid Disease
(3) Clark M. Once a villain, coconut oil charms the health food world. The New York Times, March 1, 2011, http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/02/dining/02Appe.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&
(4) Dr. Mary G. Enig, Ph.D., F.A.C.N. Source: Coconut: In Support of Good Health in the 21st Century
(5) Baba, N 1982.Enhanced thermogenesis and diminished deposition of fat in response to overfeeding with diet containing medium-chain triglycerides, Am. J. Clin. Nutr., 35:379
(6) Isaacs CE, Litov RE, Marie P, Thormar H. Addition of lipases to infant formulas produces antiviral and antibacterial activity, Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, 1992;3:304-308.
(7) Isaacs CE, Schneidman K. Enveloped Viruses in Human and Bovine Milk are Inactivated by Added Fatty Acids(FAs) and Monoglycerides(MGs), FASEB Journal, 1991;5: Abstract 5325, p.A1288.
(8) Mitsuto Matsumoto, Takeru Kobayashi, Akio Takenakaand Hisao Itabashi. Defaunation Effects of Medium Chain Fatty Acids and Their Derivatives on Goat Rumen Protozoa, The Journal of General Applied Microbiology, Vol. 37, No. 5 (1991) pp.439-445.
(9) Dean W, English J. Medium chain triglycerides (MCTs): Beneficial effects on energy, atherosclerosis and aging. (2012) Retrieved from: http://www.nutritionreview.org/library/mcts.php
(10) St-Onge, MP, Bosarge, A. Weight-loss diet that includes consumption of medium-chain triacylglycerol oil leads to a greater rate of weight and fat mass loss than does olive oil. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol. 87, No. 3, 621-626, March 2008, http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/87/3/621 ↑
(11) Stubbs RJ, Harbron CG. Covert manipulation of the ratio of medium- to long-chain triglycerides in isoenergetically dense diets: effect on food intake in ad libitum feeding men. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 1996 May:20(5):435-44.
(12) A study in the February 2010 issue of “Pharmaceutical Biology” found virgin coconut oil — which is processed at low heat without chemicals — reduced ear and paw swelling in rats, while also inhibiting chronic inflammation.
(13) Fife, B. Coconut oil and medium-chain triglycerides. 2003. Retrieved from: http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/article10612.htm
(14) Reger MA. Henderson ST, Hale C, Cholerton B, Baker LD, Watson GS, Hyde K, Chapman D, Craft S. Effects of beta-hydroxybutyrate on cognition in memory-impaired adults. Neurobiol Aging. 2004 Mar:25(3):311-4.
(15) Kossoff EH, Hartman AL. Ketogenic diets: new advances for metabolism-based therapies. Curr Opin Neurol. 2012 Feb 8
(16) Gasior M, Rogawski MA, Hartman AL. Neuroprotective and disease-modifying effects of the ketogenic diet. Behav Pharmacol. 2006 Sep:17(5-6):431-9. Review.
(17) Nosaka N, Suzuki Y, Nagatoishi A, Kasai M, Wu J, Taguchi M. Effect of ingestion of medium-chain triacylglycerols on moderate- and high-intensity exercise in recreational athletes. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2009 Apr: 55(2):120-5.
(18) Clegg ME, Golsorkhi M, Henry CJ. Combined medium-chain triglyceride and chilli feeding increases diet-induced thermogenesis in normal-weight humans. Eur J Nutr. 2012 Nov.
(19) WebMD, Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTS) overview information, Retrieved from: http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-915-MEDIUM+CHAIN+TRIGLYCERIDES+MCTs.aspx?activeIngredientId=915&activeIngredientName=MEDIUM+CHAIN+TRIGLYCERIDES+(MCTs)&source=3
(20) Ooyama K, Wu J, Nosaka N, Aoyama T, Kasai M. Combined intervention of medium-chain
triacylglycerol diet and exercise reduces body fat mass and enhances energy expenditure in rats. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2008 Apr:54(2):136-41.
(21) Van Zyl CG, Lambert EV, Hawley JA, Noakes TD, Dennis SC. 1996. Effects of medium-chain triglyceride ingestion on fuel metabolism and cycling performance. J Appl Physiol 80: 2217-2225.
(22) Behrend AM, Harding CO, Shoemaker JD, Matern D, Sahn DJ, Elliot DL, Gillingham MB. Substrate oxidation and cardiac performance during exercise in disorders of long chain fatty acid oxidation. Mol Genet Metab (2012) 105(1):110-5.
(23) Mercola J. Coconut Oil: Four Tablespoons of this “Brain Food” May Prevent Alzeimer’s, Dec, 13 2010, retrieved from;http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/12/13/can-this-natural-food-cure-or-prevent-alzheimers.aspx
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.